Back to Profitability for a Global CPG Manufacturer – 10X EBITDA Change YOY
A large global branded manufacturer had faced three years of changing executives and misdirected focus. Their market share was in decline and there was no consensus among the CEO and executive team as to how to regain their competitive position. Moreover, the leadership team did not have a common strategic process or system to focus discussions to determine their future product and market priorities. Their sales were flat, EBITDA was thin and they were being pressured by big box retailers for price concessions.
The CEO contacted Thinking Dimensions to evaluate the actions and deliver results over a 12 month period to:
- Refocus and define products and markets for future emphasis and investment. They needed to reestablish their strategic profile and competitive advantage to position them for the future.
- Reset their strategy and build strategic thinking, and capabilities of their executives.
- Use proven strategic tools and decision tools to build consensus for the future and direction of the organization.
- Expedite Implementation based on a strategic master plan that clearly linked acquisition, product development, marketing and cost reduction initiatives to their future product and market priorities.
- Transformed to one of the top performing BU's from bottom 20 and achieved four years of consecutive revenue growth and 10 Fold EBITDA Increase.
- Within the first 3months they turned down a low strategic emphasis request by a global retailer using the strategic profile as a guide.
- Launched a high-margin new product introduction from a critical market segment they would have been unable to deliver on had they not said no.
- With 12 months they regained their competitive focus and increased YOY EBITDA by a factor of 10.
Strategic Transformation Client Results
A large global branded manufacturer had faced three years of changing executives [...]View Project
Operating in an highly competitive market, industry leader in Europe needs to recover sustained [...]View Project
Beginning as a small family company in the 1920’s this packaging firm grew to become a sizeable [...]View Project
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) changed the playing field of the entire Health Care industry [...]View Project