Rapid Incident Restoration
Incident restoration is all about being super effective with minimalistic data. The most successful incident investigators are better at asking the right questions to the right person to get the right answers. How do they do that? They ensure they are getting the following right, which is the key to their success:
- Identifying the CORRECT FAULT – This is easier said than. History indicates that investigation teams are getting this wrong in more than 90% of cases.
- Asking the RIGHT QUESTION from the right SMEs to get the right answer! Simply asking the right person our uniquely structured and worked questions will deliver the right answer!
This is done through the use of templates and questions that will leverage what you already know within minutes of the incident.
We will demonstrate, and you will learn and apply these tools/templates with its unique worked questions during a one-day intensive workshop and address the all too familiar challenges for today’s “real time” time pressured incident environments.
Anticipated Outputs – What you would acquire in this day!
- The realization that even a complex incident can be reduced to one OBJECT and one FAULT
- A well proven and tested “FAULT DRILL” that would stand the test of any incident and bridge situation.
- Remove the difficulty teams have in understanding what is happening and reach the correct starting point quickly and efficiently
- Instill a clear and seamless handover of data between Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- The absolute importance of asking the “right question from the right person to get to the right factual data”.
- The realization that you do not need a large amount of data to restore an incident (“Less is more” as long as it is factual)
- The understanding that there is a major difference between “TECHNICAL CAUSE & ROOT CAUSE” and that this single fact is the difference between success and failure.
Contents: Utilize the KandF™ processes and templates to:
- Identify the correct factual fault successfully with appropriate SME
- Perform incident triage quickly and correctly
- Quickly identify the unique characteristics of the fault
- Identify the correct SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)
- Identify the technical event that triggered the incident
- Identify and logically test SME intuition that would explain the incident’s unique characteristics
- Identify a consensus restoration decision & plan that would meet all the requirements listed