Five Steps to Ensure Your Organization Improves its Decision Making in order to drive performance. CEOs and Senior Leadership must remove the barriers that lead to poor decisions and invest in decision making as a fundamental management competency that drives strategic value and sustainability.
Experience has shown there are 5 main causes of inferior decision making:
- Poor quality data or waiting for the perfect data to exist
- No common decision making process or set of steps
- Not making the thinking behind decisions visible to the people involved
- Inability to sort relevant from irrelevant data
- Explicit or implicit bias to the data itself or process being used